Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

FOUND EXPIRED ECB'S

I looked in my back seat today and saw a CVS bag with a "As Seen On TV" item I bought for my husband. He didn't want it so I threw it back in the bag in the back seat to return to CVS. As fate would have it, I forgot about it. And I also forgot that I put $7 ECB's in there also.

Good thing today I looked in the bag and found them. CVS will only take ECB's for 5 days past the expiration date now, although I think there is some leeway. When I looked at the date, I found out the $2 ECB expired on 4/9 and the $5 ECB expired on 4/10. That meant if their 5-day policy holds true, I already lost the $2 and today was the last day for using the $5 ECB.

I hightailed it right back over to CVS. I had already been there this morning getting my toothpaste and Depends. I walked up to the cashier (who is so nice) and asked her if I could use the expired ECB's and she said yes!

I proceeded to get the following:

1 Colgate Toothpaste
2 Right Guard Body Wash
1 Act Sensitive Mouthwash
3 Ajax Dishwashing Soap

My total was $3.10 OOP (plus I used my $7) and I got back $5 in ECB's. Not bad for found money and now I have another $5 to add to my stack of ECB's!

No comments:

Post a Comment