Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

PUBLIX 12/23/10, SPENT $12.03

What a day it has been! All the last minute running around and, of course, a trip to the grocery store to pick up bread for my breakfast casserole that I forgot the other day. I also decided to pick up a few other things and that turned into many things! When I got home I had no time to take a picture. You will have to use your imagination on this one. This is what I bought:

20 pc. wings (deli) (impulse buy!)
Bag of pretzels
Hersheys Rolos (to make the most amazing candy ever, recipe to follow)
4- 32oz. Ricotta Cheese (giving 1 to each of my daughters)(used blinkie and Yellow Advantage Q
4 Mozzarella Cheese (giving 1 to each of my daughters)(used same Q'S)
2 Grape Tomatoes
2 pkgs. Zucchini
2 Cream Cheese
4 I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
4 Cracker Barrel Cheese (used PQ and MQ)
4 Planters Nuts
2 Jello Pudding
Animal Crackers
Whole Pineapple
2 loaves Bread

TOTAL SPENT $11.68, SAVED 90%

Then...as I was making my appetizers for tomorrow, I decided to double the recipe on one and I needed more green onions. I still had to go to the bank so I ventured out again to Publix to get my onions and, of course, a few other things. This trip I purchased:

10 Gatorade (turns out my brother loves it!)
4 Mrs. Butterworths (this was out-of-stock at other store and it is good until 5/2012
Sweet Potatoes (not on sale next week)
Green beans (not on sale next week)
Bananas

TOTAL SPENT $.35, SAVED 99%

Sometimes it is worth it to add a few items to get your total up to $25 if you have a $5/$25 Q like I did. It is like getting those items for FREE and that makes me smile! Also, knowing I could get my veggies this week at the sale price is when I want to stock up!

Now for the recipe using the pretzels and rolos. This is the simplest recipe and it is sooo good! You have to buy the square pretzels. Lay them out on a pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While it is heating up, place a rolo on top of the pretzel. That is it. You are almost done! Now put the pan in the oven and set the timer for 3 minutes. Look at them and see if the chocolate has softened. It may need another minute, but no longer. Take them out and immediately press a M&M in the center. Take off rack (this is the hardest part) and cool on a cooling rack. These are like making your own Take 5 Candy Bars only bite-size. They make the best gift to give your mailman, hairdresser, etc.

I will not be going to Publix tomorrow and don't see much next week I need either. This will be live out-of-the pantry/freezer week (which includes a prime rib!)

No comments:

Post a Comment