Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

THE DREADED COLONOSCOPY

As you guys read this post, I will be drinking my prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow. I have to mix Miralax, aka nuclear laxative, with peach tea and wait for the good times to begin. I picked peach tea because I am hoping I will never want to drink it again after today! It might be the best way to wean me off of it! I think I have to drink what feels like 22 gallons of fluid! Having done this once before 4 years ago, I know what to expect. In a few hours I will be confined to the bathroom. At 8:00 I have to take two more pills in addition to the two I already took and the 22 gallons of peach tea. That is when my bowels will start eliminating food that I have not even eaten yet! On a more serious note, the reason I am telling you all this is to remind you to get a colonoscopy. I got one at 53 and was told to come back 3 years later. I waited until 4. Don't do what I did and put it off. My doctor said I should have been back in one year. I'm just looking forward to the best sleep in my life tomorrow! And in case you are wondering, yes...I did buy the Miralax with a coupon and a sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment