Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

ARE YOU AS CONFUSED AS I AM WITH THE COUPON INSERTS?

So, I opened my Record this morning and did the happy dance when I saw 4 inserts in my paper. I should have known it was to good to be true. I went up the street to the "Jiffy" mart and bought another Record. When I got in my car, I noticed there were only 2 inserts in there! I marched right back in and checked all the other papers and they were all the same! This store is only about 1 mile from my house...how could they be different?? I tried to explain to him my paper had 4 and his only has 2 and it was like talking to someone from a foreign country...oh yeah, he was from a foreign country! So I paid the extra $.80 and bought a Times Union because it had ALL the coupons.

Next stop, off to Walgreens to do my two Dove Men's Body Wash deal. I had two $5 RR's and I was going to use the paper(s) as my filler items which meant I should have paid just over $1.00 OOP for each transaction. When I picked up the Record, it felt very light. When I looked inside it had NO INSERTS AT ALL!! I mean no Walgreens ad, no Target ad, no CVS ad...NOTHING. I looked at three or more papers and all the same thing. So once again I was forced to buy the Times Union making my OOP $1.97 for each transaction.

I would have paid $2.00 for the paper anyway so at least I walked away with 2 body washes and two $6 RR's to roll into next week.

The moral of the story is ALWAYS CHECK YOUR PAPERS FOR THE CORRECT NUMBER OF INSERTS BEFORE YOU BUY THEM!! HAD I NOT CHECKED, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A PAPER WITH NO INSERTS IN IT!! If that happens to you, just go over to the Record and they will give you another insert!

I checked all my Record inserts against the Times Union and there was only 1 difference in the SmartSource. The Jax paper had a Freds insert and we had a Direct TV. Other than that, all coupons and coupon values were the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment