Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

WALGREENS 4/7/10 MONEYMAKER





This is the perfect example of how you have to be so careful when you do the drugstore runs. I was in a rush which was my first mistake. I ran into Walgreens and bought:

2 Sudafed OM
24 Bottles Water
Kotex liners
3 Fusion Gel Pens
1 Fusion Highligher
Colgate Pro Clinical Toothpaste

When I got to the register, I expected to pay almost nothing OOP. Apparently, my calculations were wrong!! The cashier told me my total was $6.95. When I got to the car, I found my mistake. I was under the impression the Sudafed OM were $4.99 each and were giving a $5 RR. Well, I got half of it right...they were ringing up $7.49!! Well, if that doesn't blow the whole scenerio! I had to go to the other side of town and decided to return the Sudafed because I really didn't need it. The manager gladly refunded my money to the tune of $6.98 and I got to keep the $5 RR. I wouldn't suggest doing this on a regular basis. I made an honest mistake about the price and they were nice enough to refund my money! Thank you Walgreens!

So, when the whole thing was said and done, I actually made $.03 on the deal and walked away with a $5 RR and a $2 RR for next week. Plus, I still have a $10 to use also PLUS I get to send away for a rebate of $4.50, three times for the pens! There is a limit of 1 rebate per address, so I will send the others in for family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment