Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

BEANS, BEANS AND MORE BEANS

Not all beans are created equal. I ran across an article in a magazine that I thought was pretty interesting. Although I stock up on beans when they are on sale, this article made me think about the brands I purchase. It listed the BEST canned beans for each kind. Here they are...BEST RED is Eden Organic Small Red Beans, BEST CANNELLINI is Cento Cannellini Beans (some competitors were chalky tasting), BEST BUTTER BEANS is Goya, BEST BLACK BEAN is Market Pantry Target Brand, BEST KIDNEY is Allens Dark Red Kidney Beans, BEST CHICKPEA is Market Pantry Garbanzo Beans, BEST PINTO is Westbrae Natural Organic Pinto Bean and last but not least BEST GREAT NORTHERN is Goya. There you have it! I was quite surprised at the Market Pantry brand making it to the top of the bean food chain! Next time I need beans and don't have a coupon, I will reach for one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment