Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WINN DIXIE AND HONEY CRISP APPLES

Call it crazy, temporarily insane, or just desperate but I shopped at Winn Dixie today! Yes, I did! I even broke my order up into two transactions to use two coupons $5/$30 coupons. Like I said, I had 4 items on my Publix list. I saw much better deals at WD this week so Publix will not see my smiling face this new ad. I was able to get chicken quarters, stew beef, country style ribs, butternut squash and honeycrisp apples at a great deal. Speaking of honeycrisp apples, I have my husband to blame for turning me on to these apples. They usually run about $3.29 lb. or even more. And yes, contrary to what you may think, there is no gold in those apples! He bought three of them at Whole Foods in South Florida and paid about $6.50 for them! Does that answer your question about if he looks at prices? The answer to that is a big NO! Well anyways, these apples are the sweetest things you can put in your mouth! They are like sugar and it actually the ONLY apple he will eat now. They are on sale at WD for three days only for $1.69 lb. Treat yourself and get one and see what you think. I just hope I don't get suckered into buying them when they are $3.29+ lb.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment