Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

BEST IRONS

I need a new iron. About 1 1/2 years ago I noticed my iron had a big piece of plastic missing and the piece needed to turn up the temperature was broken. Turns out my daughter dropped it and never told me! Did she think I wouldn't see it? Now to turn on the iron, I have to stick the point of a knife in (I am sure that is very safe!) and push it to get it to the correct temperature. Now it has started leaking and will sometimes leave marks on my clothes. I think I can safely say it is time for a new iron. Have you ever gone iron shopping? It is not a task to take lightly. If you don't buy the right kind it won't steam enough, be too heavy, or seem to stay at the correct temperature. Thank heavens for Consumer Reports! I thought I would fill you in on their findings in case any of you are in the market for an iron as well. According to CR, the Panasonic NI-W950A was the best but with a whopping price tag of $220 and a score of 93. No thank you! The next was the Kenmore, model 80598, price $75, with a score of 88. The CR BEST BUY went to Singer Expert Finish EF, $60, with a score of 86. Number five on their list was also a CR BEST BUY. It is the Rowenta Effective Comfort DW2070, price $50, with a score of 85. Numbers 6, 7, and 8 were also Rowenta's with scores of 83, 84, and 81 respectively. Their cost were $75, $90 and $125. Which one will I buy? I will search for the Singer, O one of the two top Rowenta's. All of those produced a lot of steam at a reasonable cost. All these irons also have auto shut-off which I love. There you have it! I hope you could use this info about purchasing an iron!

No comments:

Post a Comment