Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

DEBIT CARDS

I thought this was important enough to post something about this subject...debit cards. Everyone of us have them and use them on a daily basis. I went into my bank and asked them about using the debit card with a PIN number. They told me not to do it!! They said to always run my transaction through as a credit. Ever since they told me that I have never used my card with the PIN number. I tell you this because most people don't know that this is how your card is compromised. You are much safer running it through as credit. Some banks now will not guarantee a transaction that is compromised if run as debit. So a word to the wise...don't use as a debit card!

1 comment:

  1. Judi, I'm not sure which bank you use, but I work for TD Bank and I know this is not true at our bank. Anytime you have a compromised transaction on your debit card or account in general you can always file a disputed item report and we get you the money back as soon as possible. Plus, at TD Bank (open 7 days a week) we can immediately in our store open you a new debit card to take home with you that day and close out the old one that has been compromised. Just a little friendly FYI. Come to TD Bank, and tell them I sent you. Or even better, we can come to your work for a Bank at Work event, we bring everything, and all employees who open an account can earn up to $100 just for opening. It's an awesome program, an dup to $10,000 bonus points instantly for applying for a credit card too!! Let me know, maybe we can come to the Sunshine Shop!!

    ReplyDelete