Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

MY SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT PURSE

My husband said he wants to buy me a nice purse for my birthday. So off we go to Belk and Dillard's today to find the elusive purse I am so excited to get! He was so patient as I walked through the store and picked up every bag, put it on my shoulder, took out the paper inside, zipped and unzipped it, and adjusted the shoulder straps. Not only did we go to those two stores, we went to two malls! You would think with all the choices I had I would find one. I want a nice soft leather bag, preferably one strap, a pocket on the outside and a neutral color. I didn't find any. No let's rephrase that...I did find one but it was $348. Dillard's was offering $50 off on any sale over $200 with the trade-in of any old purse to charity. For $300 I just couldn't justify how plain it was. Sure it was a nice Coach leather bag but I wish it had just a little bling to it. Maybe a silver buckle or something like that. In the end, after 5 hours between 4 stores, my frugal mind wouldn't let him pay $300 for a purse. Sure I would have it for years and enjoy carrying something nice but I just couldn't pull the plug. I will just continue to look at Marshall's and watch for sales at the end of the season. If you are in the market for a purse, Belk is offering 25 percent off this weekend and Dillard's is offering $50 for any bag over $200 and less for cheaper bags. Wish me luck as I search for the perfect bag!

5 comments:

  1. I bought one on ebay for $3.25 this week and another for .99, but I am sure that's not what you mean....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a nice collection of like new purses. I get them at thrift stores and yard sales! I love getting name brand purses for $1 or $2, it's so exciting to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a thrift store shopper, too and get almost everything there...........

    But, as a special treat have you been to the purse shop on St. George St.? They have some awesome purses at a great price. Lots of real leather ones, too. Might be just the thing you are looking for. http://www.spanishdutchconvoy.com/

    When my mom comes from another state, she ALWAYS goes home with a purse from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Guys! I have never been to the store on St. George Street. I will have to try there and thrift stores as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have everything from $14.99 purses to several hundred dollars ones behind locked glass. Go... it is an AWESOME gem in St. Aug.

    ReplyDelete