Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

HOW MANY GAS CARDS DID YOU GET?

I did my final trip to Publix this morning with the mindset of buying as many items as possible with the least amount OOP so I could get my gas cards. Today I bought 4 more gas cards (for a total of 9). My bill before coupons was $107.46. After coupons and purchasing four gas cards my total was $149.94!! Yes, you read that right!! My gas cards alone would have cost me 4 x $40 = $160. You do the math...I was able to get all my groceries for FREE plus got $10.06 towards my gas cards! I was able to use two $/$$ coupons which gave me the $10 overage towards my gas.

I had a raincheck for canned vegetables and they did not have them. I asked a manager and he said they would order them in for me AND would let me use the gas card deal on that purchase. After I get 80 cans of vegetables, use my italian days coupons, my $5/30 Publix coupon and my $5/25 CVS coupon, I will pay $1.60 for 80 cans of Green Giant Vegetables!! Plus, I will be able to get 2 more gas cards from that purchase!! My total in gas cards will be 11 cards. My total OOP for all the groceries will be $8.48 after all coupons! (See previous post)

This is what I bought today:

6 Kelloggs Crunchy Nut Cereal (used BOGO RC and comp. Q's), all FREE
6 Steam-n-Mash Potatoes (used BOGO RC plus MQ's and exp. PQ) all FREE
10 Progresso Black Beans (not pictured) used RC plus italian days coupons
Crescent Rolls
Muir Glen Tomato Sauce (not pictured)
6 Voskos Yogurt (paid $.25 each)
6 Steamfresh Vegetables
2 PF Deli Flat Bread
4 Heinz Gravy (used exp Q from All the Trimmings)all FREE
Corned Beef from Meat dept.
10 Blueberry Juice Drink (used BOGO exp PQ)all FREE
3 Fresh Blueberries (used exp PQ get blueberries free wyb Juice)
4 Crushed Tomatoes
1 Fels Naptha Soap
2 Puffs Kleenex
Bananas
$4.04 worth of Plums
2 Glad Storage Bags
4 Gas Cards = $160.00

The canned beans and Muir Glen were not in the picture because they were still in a bag on the floor. After I took the picture and started putting the frozen things away, I saw the bag on the floor! I didn't want to load everything back up on the counter!

How many gas cards did you get??

Next week looks like a slim week at Publix. That is a good thing for me. I will be using my stockpile to cook from and spend very little at the store. This will help me use my freezer stock, save on my monthly grocery expense and wait until a better sale ad the following week!!

2 comments:

  1. Have you noticed a change in the fine print on coupons recently? The ones I cut out of the paper the past couple of weeks have in red fine print ONLY 4 DEALS PER PERSON. have you noticed this anywhere else? What do you think of this?? do you thinks stores will actually enforce this?

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is in fine print...I can't see it!! I have not heard of any store limiting coupons or enforcing this. I do know, however, they now will only allow a raincheck for a maximum of 5 deals if they are out-of-stock.

    ReplyDelete