Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

NO COUPONS FOR PAD THAI

After I went to Publix today and spent $12.66, I ventured over to the Asian Market on 207 and spent another $12. I have a serious love affair with the Pad Thai from Mama Fu's in Jacksonville. I was needing a Pad Thai fix but couldn't make it to Jax so I thought I would make it for myself.

After googling Pad Thai and coming up with so many different variations of the recipe (some even included ketchup), I settled on one that sounded very Thai and headed to the Asian store. Talk about confusing! Half of the items are in Chinese and the other half are so wierd you wonder who would even eat it! The nice lady in the store showed me the ingredients I needed. After spending $12 on rice, Tofu, and Pad Thai ingredients I headed home.

You are supposed to put bean sprouts in the recipe but I couldn't see my husband eating bean sprouts so I substituted zucchini instead. I also bought fish sauce and was going to attempt to make my own Pad Thai sauce. Let's just say that will be the last time I will try to do that! The fish sauce stunk up my house sooo bad that I thought my daughter was going to throw up! I luckily bought a bottle of pre-made Pad Thai sauce that was just delicious with just the right amount of spices that I ended up using.

The end result was delicious Pad Thai!! Guess where I am going again tomorrow...to buy more Pad Thai sauce and rice noodles. I can't wait to make it again!

If you are looking for a delicious and different dish, try making it! Publix doesn't have the rice noodles or the sauce so head over to the asian market. Just be forwarned, you can't use coupons there!

No comments:

Post a Comment