Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

CVS 8/8/10, SPENT $1.02, SAVED $27.02




I am so frustrated because I did my CVS and Wags run this morning. I did well at CVS but Walgreens was not so pleasant. I will start with my wonderful CVS scenerio. It was very simple and then I added one more item to my list of 2 items.

I started with $10 ECB.
Buy Dulcolax $9.99
Use $4 printable coupon from www.dulcolaxusa.com

Buy Schick Hydro 3 Razor $8.97
Use $5 coupon from 8/8 SS or May ALL YOU magazine

Buy Schick Hydo Shave Gel
Use Peelie found on Gel for $5 off wyb razor and shave gel!
(Do not do this if you do not have the peelie!)

1 Newspaper

TOTAL PAID OOP $1.02
RECEIVED $9.99 and $4 ECB's BACK!!

Now for my not so pleasant Walgreens deal. I went in to buy 5 Nivea Body Wash, 1 Dial NutriSkin Body Wash, 1 Bio True, Pilot Pens and Mentos. The manager gave me a hard time from the beginning. He said I could not use my coupons with the BOGO sale. I told him to take off 2 of the body wash. I was so busy arguing with him on why they wouldn't take them, he rang them up anyway and my total was $12.12!!! WHAT??? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING! That was the total AFTER I used $11 worth of RR's!! I didn't want to argue with him anymore so I just paid it knowing I would be going to another store to return all the Nivea Body Wash! I then handed him a razor, shave gel and a newspaper. After my coupons my total was $4.72. I also handed him the $4 RR from my previous transaction for the BioTrue. HE WOULD NOT TAKE IT!!! He told me it had to be used for another purchase!!! DUH!!! THIS IS ANOTHER PURCHASES!!! I argued with him again and finally said, FORGET IT!! Give me back my coupons! I now am going to another Walgreens, return ALL the Nivea (which will give me my $12 back) and do the razor deal and pay $.72!!

I have NEVER had this happen to me before!!! I couldn't believe it! I guess I could have walked out of the store and came right back in for the next purchase!

A poll was done once and asked which drugstore you liked better and CVS won hands down!! Now I know why!!

OH!! I almost forgot! If you haven't already sent in for the rebate from the Schick, go here and send in for a rebate!! There is also a mail-in-rebate form on the dulcolax for $5!

UPDATE: I went back to another Walgreens and returned the Nivea Body Wash (5 of them) and told the manager I used a coupon for buy 2 body wash get a mens body was free which was $5.99. He refunded me $5.99 three times for a total of $19.05!!! I guess they figure they are going to get reimbursed for the coupon so they gave it back to me!! It ended up being all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment