Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

PUBLIX 5/22/10, SPENT $63.91 SAVED 30%


I must say I gasped a little when I saw my total for this week! I had 2 big packages of toilet paper ($10) and 12 John Freida Shampoo/Conditioner ($12) which brought my total up. My purchases included:

2 Pepperidge Farm Oatmeal Bread
6 Yoplait Yogurt
2 Sorrento Cheese
2 cans black eye peas
2 cans chili beans
6 Crystal Light Peach Tea (my fav!)
Coleslaw dressing
Coleslaw
Green onions
Lg. bag baby carrots
Strawberries
Bananas
Cuban bread
Genoa Salami 1/2 lb.
Deli Ham 3/4 lb.
Deli Turkey Breast 3/4 lb.
4 boxes Brownies
Aussie Conditioner
12 John Frieda Shampoo/Conditioner
2 Hefty Paper Bowls
3 Benefiber Drink boxes
1 pkg. Bakery Bruchetta

I wonder about this total because I had a brand new cashier and I really wasn't paying attention to her scaning the coupons. The Benefiber wouldn't scan because it wasn't programmed into the computer, so she had to call over customer service. I was just listening for the beeps but then realized she didn't know that a competitior coupon had to be put in manually. I think she heard the "beep" and thought it took off the coupon. I should have been watching...I know better!! When the customer service employee had to come over because of more coupons than items, she noticed she wasn't putting in the dollar amount for a competitor coupon. At that point, I don't know how many she missed. Lesson learned.

I have been keeping tract of my totals for the grocery and drugstore for the month. This amount does not include the gas cards I purchased or any rebates I sent in for. My total as of today is $216.13. (This does not include any RR's or ECB's that I have to roll into the following week which are considered cash). That includes all the hefty storage bags, Schick Hydro Gel, Schick Razors. body wash, yogurt, Fusion Snack Mix, all the american cheese, all the boxes of crackers, and tons of low-dose aspirin and shampoo/conditioner that have been added to the stockpile! I know that total is what some of you spend in one week!

Did you happen to notice my three beautiful grandchildren in the picture?? Baby Bryce is on the kitchen table!

1 comment: