Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

GOOD DEALS AT FOOD LION

Now everyone knows I love Publix...but if Food Lion or Winn Dixie has a good buy, I'm there! This week Food Lion has Boston Butts for $1.47 lb. Put a nice rub on it and put it in the crockpot or in the oven and enjoy awesome pulled pork! (Tyler Florence has the best rub recipe). Also, Holly Farms Chicken Thighs are a good price at $.77 lb. as well as ground beef at $1.47 lb. This is 73% lean so drain off the fat. In fact, I heard you could get rid of a lot of fat by rinsing the cooked meat in a collander. I will also be picking up some Genoa Salami (love this stuff on the bagettes you buy at the Saturday Farmers Market) for $4.99 lb. and red grapes for $.99 lb.

I may even throw some sweet onions at $1.29 in my cart, cut them in wedges and wrap a piece of bacon around them and bake them at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. My mouth is already watering!

The quick frozen chicken wings may be making their way into my cart as well! They are BOGO but no price is listed. My husband makes the best Buffalo wings on the grill!

Can you tell we love meat? Pulled pork, chicken wings salami with fresh bread...sounds like the start of a good Florida Georgia Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment