Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

CVS GENERIC FOODS

Have any of you noticed the new no-name (it's really a CVS brand) things appearing at CVS. They had different items 10 for $10. Things like Raisen Bran, dry onion soup mix, etc. I haven't tried any yet, but I am going to buy the dry onion soup mix for $1.00 to use in pot roasts and especially in this Sweet-n-Sour Chicken recipe. I have a bunch of french dressing that I got when they were BOGO and you used the TQ and MQ together. I also have jars of apricot preserves when they were BOGO and then used a $1/2 MQ. This recipe has only 4 ingredients.

1 jar apricot preserves
1 bottle catalina or french dressing, small
1 pkg. dried onion soup mix
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Mix all together and pour over chicken breasts. You can also add canned pineapple and chopped green pepper to the sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. to 1 hour depending on how many chicken breasts you have. Serve with rice. I have plenty of that also!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment