Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

PUBLIX 7/17/11, SPENT $$45.56, SAVED 71%



Every week I look forward to the new Publix ad that comes out and it seems lately every week I am disappointed. I am sure glad I had a decent stockpile because I have been living off it. This week was no different. I stocked up on cereal and used my raincheck for Tuttorosso Canned Tomatoes. I goofed because instead of buying the $1.87 can I picked up the cans for $2.39 each. In the end after my raincheck and coupons I spent $2 more than I should have. This is what I bought:

10 boxes Kelloggs Frosted Mini Wheats
2 bags of Cherries (this was $9.83 alone)
1 bag baby carrots
4 2000 Flushes
2 Smart Balance Butter Spray
Tortillas
Bananas
3 boxes of Pop Tarts
2 Zantac
10 cans Crushed tomatoes
2 packages Pens
2 pairs Scissors
2 pkgs. Cottonelle Toilet Paper (this was $10)

TOTAL SPENT $44.56. If I would have bought the cereal at Walmart it would have cost $27.50 deducting the same coupons. The cherries were $2.99 per lb. at Walmart but I could have price-matched them. They would have taken the Target coupon for the pop tarts at Walmart. All in all, it was better to buy everything at Publix than Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment