Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

UPDATE ON MATCHING WALMART COUPON POLICY

The more I thought about my daughter and her Walmart shopping experience, the more I knew our Walmart didn't do it that way. I know because I tried it a few times. Her store will price match the sale but use Walmarts price. For example, if cereal is BOGO at Publix for $3.99, and you have a $1/2 MQ, you pay $1.50 a box. At her Walmart the cereal may be priced at $2.50 a box. They ring it through as $1.25 (she always has the math done for them because sometimes the employees are not the brighest) and then use the same $1/2 MQ and you pay $.75 each. BIG DIFFERENCE!!

I called our store and they do it differently. They use the price on the Publix ad. So my question is "Why go to Walmart"? If they are going to use the Publix price, why would I go and drive around a crowded parking lot to find a space, get a cart that has the bump in the tire (so that everyone hears you coming in the store), deal with the crowds and employees just to get the same deal exactly as Publix? If you have to go to Walmart anyway for something it might not be a bad idea to have the ads in case you want to get one of the BOGO deals there.

The only case I can see this being a positive if it is something that we know is going to be a HOT item at Publix. For example, when we were able to get the All detergent for $2 or the many items that the shelf was empty from the good deal we get a raincheck at Publix. If it is something you really want that week go to Walmart and do the deal! Then you have the raincheck to do it again at Publix and can order more coupons from a coupon clipping site! I know sometimes I have gone back 3 times in a week only to find the shelves bare (think Shick Razors BOGO sale). That is when they were taking expired coupons so I knew I was OK with my raincheck. Now that option is no longer available so we might have to use Walmart as our alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment