Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

NO COUPON INSERTS THIS SUNDAY, 9/5 AND A LESSON LEARNED

Just a reminder that there will be no coupon inserts in this Sunday's paper because of it being a holiday weekend. Enjoy your weekend!!

I am still coming to grips with my freezer defrosting! I caught it on Tuesday after I lost everything on my door and top shelf. All my bagged Steamfresh Meals, veggies, pizza, ice cream (including those Fat Boy Ice Cream Sandwiches I just bought)....all gone! I started cooking like a crazy woman! Last night we had 3 huge steaks for 2 people!

The good part was I wasn't terribly upset. As I threw out the TGIF wings, egg rolls, waffles, guacamole, etc., I knew I got all of those for free. Let this be a lesson to all of you with freezers out there. Apparently, one of the vents got blocked in the back of the freezer causing it to freeze over which then caused it to shut down. As soon as I emptied it and let it sit, I was able to fill it back up within 24 hours. It is very difficult in my freezer to not block a vent because of where it is placed. It is also very difficult not to "buy" some things when I get them free or for pennies on the dollar. But it is not worth losing everything in my freezer that I did pay full price for like my poultry, steaks, roasts, etc. Let this be a lesson to all of us and put things on the freezer door that you wouldn't care if you lost them. The door and the top shelf are always the first to defrost! Make sure you leave air space!!

I think I need to go shopping today!

No comments:

Post a Comment