Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

PUBLIX 9/19/10, SPENT $40.89, SAVED 78%



I really didn't need much this week. I had already been to Winn Dixie to buy Rib Eye Steaks to go with our lobster and took advantage of a raincheck I had for BOGO Taco Seasoning. I used the $1/3 coupon in the Better At Home Book and paid $3.54 for 12 packages of taco seasoning! My husband LOVES taco soup and eats a bowl of it everyday for lunch. Depending on if we double or triple the recipe, we use 2 or 3 of these at one time! So how did I spend $40 when I didn't need anything?? Well, I added to my stockpile and won't need many items for quite a few months! My bill before coupons was $111 so I guess $40 is not that bad. I guess I am not used to hearing a number that high! This is what I bought:

Zucchini
2 pkgs. okra
grapes
bananas
Peaches (I just noticed she charged me twice, darn it!)
2 College Inn Chicken Broth
2 Eggo Waffle
2 Philadelphia Crab Cakes (these usually sell for $8.99 each)
2 Klondike Ice Cream Sandwiches (to make the most awesome dessert!!)
5 Philadelphia Cream Cheese
6 cans corn
5 cans peaches
Pkg. Kielbasa
4 Zatarin Jambalaya
Publix Hamburger Buns
Canned Mushrooms
2 Doritos
Lg. Folgers Coffee
4 All Detergent
4 Peter Pan Peanut Butter
16 cans Hunts Tomatoes (used raincheck)
2 bottles Fresca
4 Kraft Macaroni n' Cheese Homestyle
Mascara
Tylenol Precise (was 7.99)

I think my cashier was a little overwhelmed even though I had everything in order and explained my way through the coupons. I have gone to her before and she is fairly new and still doesn't have the hang of working the register! As I was watching my total go down from $111, she had one coupon left to put in and my total was $43. Next thing I know she said $83.49! WHAT?? How do I go from $43 to $83?? I look at the screen and there is a purchase for a medium Salad Kit for $35.99 instead of a $3 competitor coupon! BIG DIFFERENCE! So she got flustered again and I had to explain I had a $3 coupon that she didn't give me credit for.

The lesson here is there are some cashiers you have to watch like a hawk. She tried to scan competitor coupons and heard it beep and thought it went through. I had to explain she had to put it in manually! Others know the drill and breeze right through it. Make sure you watch so you don't pay double for peaches like I just did today! What a bummer. I guess I won't go back into Publix with my 2 1/2 foot receipt and ask for $1.34 back!!

I also straightened out my stockpile (J-Mart as my husband calls it) in the garage with the help of my daughter. I don't have to buy cleaning supplies, storage/freezer bags, foil, glad wrap or laundry detergent for a year! My daughter has enough tampons to last her at least one year! My juice supply should take me well into the first part of 2011 as well as my Rotel and diced tomatoes! My paper plate and napkin inventory should pull me through until next summer! My mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, marinade inventory is good for at least 6 months! Need I say more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment