Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!

I know of a family who is in desperate need. He had lost his job and then the unemployment ran out. They are behind 2 months on their rent. They receive food stamps but it is not enough. I personally give them bags of items from my stockpile but I can't give them enough. If anyone would like to donate from their stockpile, I would greatly appreciate it! Anything from cereal, canned items, toiletries, etc. would help this family out tremendously. I would be willing to pick it up and deliver it to them if you could just get the bags together. She and her mother (who also lives with them) attended a class but she doesn't have a printer to print coupons. My next step is to personally go to the store with them to help them get the most out of their food stamp money. It is difficult because I don't want to step on any toes or make them feel bad.

We have been blessed to learn how to coupon and save. PLEASE HELP ME HELP THIS FAMILY!! Anything will help! Also, if anyone knows of any organization where they can receive help with their electric and rent(their power was turned off last month) to get them back on their feet, please contact me. I have no idea where to tell them to go. If they could just get a little help it could give them the boost they need.

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU KNOW OF ANY RESOURCES THAT CAN HELP THIS FAMILY!

Thank you so much.

UPDATE: THANK YOU PAT FOR THE INFORMATION ABOUT UNITED WAY AND THE FOOD PANTRY! I WLL FORWARD THE INFO

2 comments:

  1. Judi, Catholic Charities helps in these situations. (904) 829-6300 Ihope they can help!!
    Homeless Prevention (Including Elderly Services) - Catholic Charities is committed to providing the basic needs necessary to prevent homelessness. A crisis situation can threaten families already living from paycheck to paycheck when an unexpected illness, loss of employment or other family crisis impacts finances already stretched too far. Our services include:
    Rent and mortgage assistance
    Utility payments
    Rent and utility deposits
    Food assistance
    Family reunification
    Information and referral
    Other financial needs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you MaryAnn! I will pass along the informationJ!

    ReplyDelete