Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

NO MORE HEADACHES AT MY HOUSE!





A BIG SHOUT OUT TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND, ART! He took his Sunday to drive with me to Jacksonville. First stop, Homegoods...a womans' dream store, a mans' nightmare. He parked himself in front of the store and let me wander around to my hearts content looking at everything. Second stop...BJ's. I used the temporary pass that was available recently to go in and check it out. We did purchase a few things but not my favorite store. I will stay with Costco (even though they don't see me much anymore buying grocery items, it is still fun to go in there). Third stop...you guessed it...Publix. I was on the lookout for Advil with the peelies on them. JACKPOT! I found 6 of them and purchased all of them for FREE (using the $2 peelie and the $5/2 Store Q in the Green Adv. Flyer). Well, now my adrenalin is pumping and I ask if we could go to the next Publix up the road. Now maybe some of your husbands would have said no but not mine! We drove to the next Publix and found nothing. Going home up St. Augustine Blvd., we stopped at the store near Kohls and I found 4 more. Thinking we were going to call it a day and head home to watch the game, my WONDERFUL husband looked at me and said Nocatee?? I couldn't beleive it! He was offering to swing by the Nocatee Publix to see if they had any and I hit the honey hole! I "bought" 18 bottles of Advil for FREE! Now, let's add them up. I got 12 yesterday (and still left bottles on the shelf with peelies on them), 6, 4, and 18 today for a total of 40 bottles that don't expire until April/May 2013. You will see on the receipt that they had to adjust it down so they didn't pay me money!

Now in case you are wondering what I am going to do with all that Advil, I already have it separated in bags to give to family members and my boss. Not only do I have enough for my family but enough for extended family and friends. All for just walking in the store and putting them in my cart. And who says couponing isn't worth it? Using the sale price of the Advil at $4.49, all that Advil would have cost $179.60. Not a bad haul!

Oh, we also stopped at Food Lion after Nocatee to pick up some of the $.47 lb. chickens and they only had one. We both got rainchecks for 4 each. I will go tomorrow and they will probably have them back in stock. Now I have rainchecks for cheap chicken when I use what I have in my freezer!

(Not pictured the 12 purchased yesterday)

No comments:

Post a Comment