Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

7 GAS CARDS ON FIRST TRIP TO THE STORE!

My whole shopping trip I planned was shot to hell. My husband came home today and met with a nutritionist and she put him on a meal plan (aka diet) that uses no canned veggies (I have 80 cans beans and corn), no oatmeal for breakfast (I have 10 boxes), whole grain pasta (I have 12 boxes of white), no processed food (think Uncle Ben's Ready Rice, Rice A Roni) etc. I think you get the picture. I brought out my rainchecks and between 6 boxes of trash bags, 10 bottles of All and 10 boxes of kleenex I spent $40. I had my daughter with me so in the cart goes Kashi cookies, bulgar wheat, Organic granola, Wasa crackers, acai juice, parsley, avacados, etc. of which I had no coupons for any of it! (Could you tell she is going to go to college in the fall for a nutrition degree??) I spent $89 after my coupons!! YIKES!! I was able to get 6 gas cards because my total was $150.00 before coupons! I then put a large box of diapers and large wipes on a separate transaction and got another gas card. My total OOP was $365 for all of it with $280 put out for gas cards. Considering the gas cards totalled $350 and I would buy it anyways, I only paid $15 for all my other stuff. Not bad when you look at it that way! This is what I bought:

Tropicana Orange Juice (low sugar, of course)
Organic Acai Drink
Kashi Cookies
Organic granola
Wasa Crackers
Bulgar (this was $6!!)
2 I Can't Believe It's not Butter
Celery
Avacados
Parsley
Bananas
Breakstone Cottege Cheese (4 pk)
4 John Freida Styling Products
10 All Detergent
6 Hefty Trash Bags
10 Boxes of Kleenex (when I tell you we're good on kleenex I mean it!!)
2 8 O'clock Coffee
2 Vitamins
2 Phazayme
6 gas cards ($240)

On a separate transaction I did:

1 Large box Huggies diapers
1 Large Refill Huggies wipes
1 gas card

My daughter shamed me into not getting the Crystal Light that I was so excited to get! How often do you get to buy 4 and pay for 1?? She proceeded to tell me that aspertame is the 5th ingredient on the label and that stuff is so bad for you!! It didn't help that the nutritionist told my husband not to eat anything with aspertame in it!! He drinks one diet coke a day and she told him it was better to drink a full calorie drink instead of the diet because of the aspertame. Heck, I even ordered coupons today to stock up on Crystal Light. It is my favorite drink!! Also on my list were Yoplait smoothies, Knoor pasta sides, and a few other things that I decided not to get if no one in the house was going to eat it!

I'll make another trip back when my razor and Smart Balance Milk coupons come in. That should get me at least another 2 gas cards! Plus I will do another diaper deal and get another gas card there. You might as well stock up when you can buy 1 large box of diapers and large wipes for about $12!!

Did I do as well as my last trip to the store when the gas card deal was on? No, but I didn't have my daughter putting every high price organic thing in the cart! I guess I can't complain because $89 is better than $150! Plus I don't have to buy trash bags and kleenex for a couple years!

No comments:

Post a Comment