Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

WHAT A SMALL WORLD!

I received a phone call today from someone who lives in Buffalo, New York. When I saw the phone number on my phone I thought I received a phone call from friends back home. You see, I am from Buffalo and have lived here in Florida for over 26 years. When I listened to my message he stated that he has watched Extreme Couponing on TV and wants to learn how to do it. He has 5 kids and really needs to save money. I called him back. I asked him if he lives in Florida and told him that I used to live in the Town of Tonawanda. What a shock when he told me he lives in Buffalo. I asked him how he heard about me and he answered "I googled Extreme Couponing, classes, saving money using coupons and he found my blog! How wierd is that?? And then he called me. I spent over an hour on the phone with him explaining to him how to coupon and found several blogs for him to follow in Western New York area.

He was shocked and thrilled at the same time! He insisted on sending me $15 and I told him to please accept it as a gift from me and learn how to coupon to feed his five kids!! I told him to call me if he had any questions...I fully expect to hear from my new friend Tyrone again! He said he was going to tell all his friends about me. Uh oh... I may just have to make a trip back home to Buffalo to teach a class and eat some good chicken wings and Beef on Weck, pizza, greek food, hot dogs, etc. that we cannot get here.

If you are reading this Tyrone, it was my pleasure talking to you and I hope to get a progress report after you start doing this awhile! Maybe the next time I go back to Buffalo, I can meet Tyrone and his family and get to hear about his stockpile since he started couponing!

It truly is a small world that someone googles learn to extreme coupon and gets me! I am shocked and honored at the same time. What makes it even better is he is from my hometown!

1 comment:

  1. Judi, This is why I enjoy your site so much and emailing you. You are a genuinely nice person. Tyrone, you called the right person! Best of luck to your new hobby! Margaret

    ReplyDelete