Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

RUMORS ON NEW COUPON POLICY

As we all know, Publix is getting ready to change it's coupon policy. I don't know if it is because of shows like Extreme Couponers where they clean off the shelves or people becoming more savy with coupons because of a weak economy. I have been reading on hotcouponworld that some of the stores have starting enforcing the following rules:

They are limiting the number of competitor Q's to 12 per day.
You can still use a manufacturer coupon per item purchased.
They ARE accepting printable coupons.
BOGO limits are 3 deals per customer or 6 items.
BOGO Rainchecks will also be written for a max of 3 deals
Rainchecks for 10/$10 items will be a limit of 20.
They are only accepting traditional grocery store coupons as competitors.

Is this terrible? No, not really. If there is an item I want 10 of I guess that means I just have to buy it in another trip to the store. I usually go a couple of time a week anyway. Right now they are limiting the rainchecks for a max of 5 deals so that won't be such a bad thing either. Is it still going to be cheaper to shop at Publix than at Walmart...ABSOLUTELY!!!

What I am waiting to hear is if they will still take a MQ for 1 or 2 weeks past expiration. That is huge! I also benefit from the expired Publix coupons. I guess we will all know in a couple of weeks! My daughter is a Publix cashier. I will post it when I get the word from her after they are trained!

No comments:

Post a Comment