Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

IS THIS A NEW SIGN?

My Publix experience today was very different from all the years I have shopped there. I purchased 12 Crystal Light (is anyone surprised?) and had my B2G1 q's, mq's and Target coupons. I didn't realize I picked up the wrong Target coupon that expired YESTERDAY! The cashier told me she couldn't take it because it was expired. She told me to go up and ask the customer service desk if they would take it because it was one day old. When I went up to the guy at the desk at the Moultrie Publix, he told me NO! I went back to the cashier and told her to take off 6 of the Crystal Light from my bill. She had to have the same customer service guy come over and hold up the line to delete them from my bill. She couldn't believe that they just didn't let it go through for four $1 coupons one day old.

I had to hold up the line and I felt terrible! I was glad I gave the guy behind me a $1/2 Ray's BBQ coupon that I wasn't going to use before they started my transaction.

Is this a sign of the new Publix customer service? I was very disappointed to say the least. It looks like they are going by the letter of the law. I am glad the Moultrie store is not my regular store. We were coming home from Palm Coast and stopped there to pick up a few things so I didn't have to go out of the way today to shop. I understand the new policy and intend to play by all the new rules. But you think they would have let it go by one day!!!

What is your opinion? Do you think it was justified?

1 comment:

  1. That happened to me at the Murabella publix :o(
    I had asked specifically when the policy first changed, and I was told they would take them within the week they expired, so I planned my trip as always. When I got to the register the clerk when to throw away over $10 of coupons! I asked her to get the manager, and the she was sooooo rude - just very terse and didn't even want to hear what I had to say, and then she actually THREW THE COUPONS IN THE TRASH! I cried...I know $10.50 is not a lot of money, but it makes a big difference in my budget.

    ReplyDelete