Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

BRAG SPOT FROM LAURA ON CVS

Below is an e-mail I received from Laura S. who took the coupon class about 4 weeks ago. This is an example of what you can do and how much you can save.

HI Judi!!

I was so anxious last night to get all the new coupons and inserts in the paper this morning, I think my boyfriend thought I was nuts!! :-) But I got back home at 8am after picking up papers for myself and my mom and got straight to work. I was so excited!!! LOL. I finished up planning my CVS trip close to 2pm!! I couldn't believe how much time I had spent getting prepared, but it was okay because it kept me busy and I was learning.

Got a plan together for the best way to use the EB's first before the MQ's and mapped out my purchases. I was so nervous all day I had butterflies in my stomach!! Hoping that I had worked it all out right and that I would be saving money...not spending...lol.
I ended up doing 4 seperate transactions and luckily the cashier was so nice. I hate making people wait, so I tried to get to the register when it seemed like there were not too many people in the store. I went last weekend with my Mom to rack up our EB's so that we would have "money" to spend once we could devote more time and coupons to it. I ended up with $17.99 in EB's.

Here's how it went:

Transaction #1
Bounty Paper Towels 8pk. on Sale for $7.99
- Used $7.99 EB
- spent $.48 for tax oop
- saved $9.99
- got $2.00 EB

Transaction #2
Tide Laundry Detergent 31-40 loads $5.99
Charmin Basic Toilet Paper 12pk. $4.99
-Used $11.00EB
-Spent $.66 for tax oop
- Saved $18.28
- got $3.00 EB

Transaction #3
Colgate 6oz. Max Fresh toothpaste $2.77 (Freebie)
Pantene Pro-V Shampoo and Conditioner 2/$5.97 (FYI in the ad it's listed for 2/$6.97, but when it rings up it rings in at 2/$5.97)
-used $4.00 EB
- used $3/2 Pantene Products MQ
- Used $1/1 Colgate MQ
- Spent $2.27 oop
- Saved $11.43
- Got $4.77EB

Transaction #4
(2) Right Guard Deodorant $2.99 ea.
(4) Dawn Dish Soap $ .99 ea.
(1) Bic Soleil Shimmer Razor starter kit $6.99
(1) Green Bag Tag $ .99
-Used $4.77 EB
-used (4) .25 MQ's for Dawn
- used $3 MQ for Bic
- Used BOGO MQ for Right Guard
-Spent $7.24
- Saved $16.56
- Got $5.00 EB

So total spent was $10.65 and Total saved was about $35.00.
Thank you so much!!! I was so nervous but am so excited that I saved so much!! Looking forward to my first Publix trip!! Thanks for all your help!!

Laura

Thanks Laura for sharing with us! Now you will continue to shop for FREE at CVS using your ECB's! Keep sending your sucess stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment