Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

SR 16 COUPON POLICY UPDATE

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I bring you this news today. I just spoke with the manager of the SR 16 Publix and he informed me that they will no longer be accepting expired coupons of any kind. They will also no longer be accepting any CVS $/$$ coupons. They will, however, still consider Target to be a competitor and will take that coupon. They will NOT take CVS or Wags store coupons any longer but will take a CVS or WAGS manufacturer coupons that starts with a 5 or 9 so they could get reimbursed.

They still want to be coupon friendly. What they are trying to stop is the people who come in and buy 30 or 40 of each item. He said they have a lady from Palatka that comes in and buys $1200 worth of groceries for $100. Every item in her cart had double coupon match-ups but she would empty the shelf and use multiple CVS coupons. It sounded to me like she would use 40 of them at one time. That is wrong! I can understand using one or two if you have a total over $60 but that is abusing the system. He said they would take a $/$$ Publix coupon and a $/$$ competitor coupon which I assume is Winn Dixie.

They have no problem with someone who comes in and buys 10 of an item on a BOGO sale. They will, however, not let people empty the shelf anymore and will limit items. I can understand that. I am just disappointed in the expired coupons. I enjoyed the hunt looking for an expired coupon that you could use with a current sale to save even more. Publix will still be my store of choice to shop at!

No comments:

Post a Comment