Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

A FEW GOOD BUYS AND A GOOD RECIPE!

Today I ran into Publix just to pick up Publix Turkey Gravy. On my last shopping trip they were out so I decided I would run in and get just gravy. Priced at 2 for $1 it is a great deal to get for your Thanksgiving turkey.

I picked up 8 packages for $4. Not bad when the price of name brand is $1.55 each.

Next I headed over to CVS to pick up the evaporated milk they were out of when I went on Sunday. These are priced at $1 each. Use the $.50/2 coupon from the 10/30 RP or HERE and pay only $.75 each. These are priced over $1.50 each at Publix so it was worth the trip.

Why buy evaporated milk? You will run to CVS and get yours too when you try this recipe for this amazing chowder. It was so easy and so delicious! Here it is...

CORN AND SAUSAGE CHOWDER

1 lb. sausage meat (I used Jimmy Dean HOT breakfast sausage)
1 large onion, chopped
3 large potatoes, cubed
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil
2 cups water
1 can cream corn
1 can evaporated milk

Brown sausage and onion in pan. Add potatoes, salt, pepper, basil, and water. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and cream corn. Cover and heat almost to boiling.

This soup is versitile. Next time I am going to try it with italian sausage. It tastes soooo good on a cold day

No comments:

Post a Comment