Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

PUBLIX 10/29/11, SPENT $35.45, SAVED 63%



This Publix trip was more about picking up a few things I needed for the Gator Game and adding to my stock of Hefty Storage/Freezer bags. This deal wasn't as good as the deal last summer, but I took the opportunity to spend $8.40 and get 12 boxes.

The Picsweet vegetables was appealing to me because I want to make Chicken Divan and I didn't have any broccoli left. This is what I bought. Believe me, nothing exciting!

4 Family Size Pic Sweet Broccoli
2 Bushs Chili Beans
2 Green Scallions
Kosher Salt
2 Jiffy Corn Mix
4 Publix Tea
2 Lays Chips
2 Recees Jumbo Bag Peanut Butter Cup (these will be all mine!!!)
2 Cover Girl Blush (stocking stuffer)OOPS, not in picture!
12 Hefty Storage/Freezer Bags
Plum Tomatoes
Potato Rolls
French Baguette
Butter

Let me take the time to tell you about this AWESOME appetizer I made for the Gator Game. It was so simple and so DELICIOUS!!

Pour olive oil in a plate. Add chopped green onions, chopped roma tomatoes, and a package of Athenos Feta Cheese. Yes, the feta cheese we got last week for $.50! The secret ingredient is Cavender's Greek Seasoning. I know you have all seen it. Sprinkle some on top and mix! The more you put on the more flavor there is! Now is not the time to be shy...keep sprinkling!

Cut the bagette bread into slices and sop up all the feta cheese goodness on it. You can be polite and spoon it on the bread, but believe me dragging the bread through it and soaking up the EVOO is the way to go!

I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed! Make this extremely easy appetizer for your next get together and everyone will ask you for the recipe!

Don't think for a minute that was all we had for food for the game. We also had 2 slabs of ribs, chicken wings, both my husbands speciality, ham with potato rolls, chowder 3 lbs. shrimp with dip and a dessert.

Anybody want to come to my house next year???

No comments:

Post a Comment