Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

CVS

I am in a bit of a pickle. I guess you can say I am burned out on shopping at CVS. Yes, you heard it right...I am tired of drugstore shopping. Maybe it is because I have built up such a nice stockpile or maybe because I just don't want to take the time anymore. With that being said, I added up my ECB's today and I have $56! I told my husband how much I had and his response was "But that is not real money anyway". I then had to go into COUPONING 101 to explain that I could go into CVS and buy anything I wanted with that $56. My ECB's are getting ready to hit the 30 day point. That means I really do need to use them. I pulled out a few rainchecks and plan on using those. So my question is do I take a break from CVS or do I just carry a few over and not do as many deals. I don't know if it just me but it seems like the deals just are not there as frequently as before. I like the "buy something for $5, use a $1 MQ, and get $5 ECB's back. Anyone else feel the same as I do?

2 comments:

  1. You can afford a copy of Lincoln on DVD!And Physician's Formula again...blah blah blah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi, CVS "lost me" last year sometime. To me, the deals are not like they used to be and I don't care about spending x amount to get back a measly $5, etc. I would just rather go to the dollar tree or Publix and get a tube of toothpaste for just about nothing with a coupon then deal with CVS now. I guess I have a "bad CVS attitude" now. I used to go EVERY Sunday for years. Now, I hardly ever go in.

    WHen I have bucks to burn, I pick out things like milk, eggs, cereal, etc. or something I would not normally spend $$$ on like maybe an expensive brand of hair product --- I know they carry some of the nicer brands like Sebastian and Silk Therapy, etc. I just burn them and get rid of them on things that would cost me "real" money at another store. Even if they are high on the milk or food, I am still saving my real money buy getting it with the bucks.

    Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete