Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

WHAT IS YOUR PUBLIX EXPERIENCE LIKE WITH NEW COUPON RULES

It is interesting to hear all the different scenerios at the various Publix stores. Today at the Cobblestone store, they told me I had to break up my orders to use more than one $5/$30. I ended up with two $50 orders so I could get two gas cards. In the end, it only cost me $5 because I could only used two instead of three. In case you missed it, this comment was left on the blog about Vilano Publix... Vilano Beach Store- Today, Friday, I went to purchase groceries and get a gas card. At checkout, my total was $62.00 They would only accept the $10.00 off the gas card. Would not accept $5.00 off $25.00 coupon from Sav-A-Lot. They stated that my total order had to be more than $75.00 in order to accept both dollar off coupons. They stated that this was a new policy. Another friend of mine called me today and told me she went to the beach Publix and did not have to separate her order! Her total was $212 and she was able to use four of them! I asked at the customer service desk today at Cobblestone before I checked out and then asked the cashier if I had to have separate orders for two coupons. Both said yes. Now I am confused! Is it going to make a difference depending on which cashier we choose? Is it going to make a difference what time of the day we shop or which store we choose to shop at? I like the good 'ol days when all of this was easy! Please email me or leave a comment on the blog and let us know what happened on your trip. I would love to know and share with everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I shopped at the beach publix the last two times. They have accepted multiple coupons on both the last two orders. The one before that one though, they only took one 5.00 off coupon, but maybe it's just because she misplaced the other one, or doesn't she like that she has been told to enforce the policy and hasn't been doing it. ? The more we bring it up the more they may want to enforce their policy. They had to have a manager take the rest of our coupons, and they forgot one of mine on the last order, so I took it up to customer service on the last order. They very kindly refunded me my money (1.59 bogo delmonte coupon). Too bad they haven't had any publix coupons in the papers to go with the other ones this year. I don't think that the vilano publix is as coupon friendly. (Unless maybe they see you there all of the time.) I had to go to the information desk for them to ring me up separately because the register would not do it. Maybe it just depends on whether the registers are equipped to handle the different coupon problems. My mother always says they should have a separate checkout like the express lane to handle couponers. (This became painfully clear on my last trip to publix, when a girl stood behind me with one can of soda to checkout, and the other people behind her had to be taken to another lane-everyone stormed off). Is it worth it? That's one reason the one coupon policy and multiple trips might not be that bad you might find because the line won't be held up. (But I don't really want them to change it either). I never get stuck behind someone like me so I still don't know, but I try to warn people most of the time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted on the vilano post as well. Very frustrated to have mgrs tell me this is not new policy. I beg to differ. But I will adjust and move forward lol

    ReplyDelete