Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

MY DISNEY TRIP

I just got back from going to disney world for the weekend with my husband and we had a blast! I thought I would tell you a few things about our trip.

My husband wanted to book a 4 star hotel room because he wanted to stay somewhere nice. I, on the other hand, did not want to pay the price of a 4 star hotel. I started researching Priceline but found out that even if you get a good deal on a 4 star hotel you still have to pay a $14 parking fee per day and a $20 resort fee per day. I felt like all my savings were being eaten up with unnecessary fees.

I then had to come up with plan B.  I did some digging and found a nice hotel that got wonderful reviews from everyone.  It wasn't a 4 star but it was a solid 3 star minutes from Lake Buena Vista and Disney, just where we wanted to be. It was a Quality Inn Suites and we were able to get a nice 1 bedroom suite for $84 including tax. We had a full kitchen and separate bedroom with a king size bed that was very comfortable.  The living area was very nice and had a comfortable sofa that was also a bed if you needed to sleep 4. I was literally minutes from all the 4 star hotels on hotel row. It also included a breakfast complete with Belgium waffles, sausage, eggs, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, fresh fruit and coffee and juices.  I am sure I missed something on the buffet list. It was basic but all you needed to get started before a long and cold day at Epcot and Hollywood Studios!

Since we were going to Epcot, we parked at the Boardwalk Hotel and literally parked in the first row just steps from the hotel.  From there you board the enclosed boat and head to Epcot.  The key word here is "enclosed". It was so cold it was nice to walk right on a boat with no waiting and crowds and be dropped off at the back entrance where the countries are.  It worked the same way coming home. Again, there were no crowds and we boarded the boat, made two stops and then were dropped off at the  Boardwalk Hotel.

The next day we were going to Hollywood Studios. We did the same thing but his time had to park about 8 cars away from where we parked yesterday.  Not only did we beat all crowds but we avoided the $14 parking fee each day. I can honestly say this made going to WDW a pleasure!

Not only did I find a great suite with a comfortable bed and plenty of room that we will go to again for $84, but I saved us the parking fee and even better than that all the hassle of parking in Chip and Dale, riding a tram with tons of people, and then trying to remember which isle you parked in. It never fails, for me anyway, that you are always dropped off at the beginning of the rows and your car is in the last row!!

We ate lunch at the German buffet which was excellent and it ended up being all we needed for the day. You paid more for it but we had an excellent meal and even got a show with it! That is something we will definitely do again also.  When we left disney the second day, we ate at Chevy's Mexican restaurant just minutes from disney and our hotel. It was, again, an excellent choice for a meal. The price was good and we had plenty off food!

I anyone of you are planning a trip to Disney in the future, I would recommend the Quality Inn Suites on Palm Pkwy.

No comments:

Post a Comment