Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'M BACK FROM MIAMI

After being gone for 5 days in Miami, I am glad to be home in my own bed but will sure miss my grandchildren, daughter and son-in-law. One thing I will not miss is the traffic and the Publix she shops at.

My daughter sent me with a list to go to the store. Picture our store here, let's say the beach store on a Saturday with tons of tourists checking in their condos and doing their shopping. Double the amount of people in the store! Now throw in some spanish and you have the Miramar Publix.

I go through the line and my cashier was just short of not being all there. I asked him to price check feta cheese for me to see if it was BOGO. It wasn't on sale so I told him I didn't want it. I didn't check to see that he took it off assuming he would. It wasn't until the next day did my daughter realize he charged her for 4 feta cheese when I only bought one.

Her bill was over $100 and she only wanted two gas cards. I asked him if I could put two gas cards on one credit card and the other two on a different card. He seemed to understand what I was saying and said yes.

He put two on one card and tried to do another and told me I couldn't purchase another two gas cards because the coupon said limit one per coupon. Now understand this was just after I DID purchase two gas cards. I tried to explain to him I could get two more cards because I spent over $100. I guess I didn't habla esponol because he had to call someone over. She just directed me to go to the customer service desk.

I was polite even though what I wanted to say was their cashier really fell short in the cashiering department. She told me I COULD get two cards and even said to me "How many do you want? I'll give you as many as you want". WOW! You have got to be kidding me??? Really??

Then I thought about it...if I bought 10, another $400 would go on the credit card.

Unfortunately, I didn't accept the generous offer because I had purchased so many in the last two times they were offered. I just bought the two and thanked them and left.

I felt blessed that I was able to get two because I don't plan on shopping this current weeks ad.

I also felt blessed that I don't have to shop at the Miramar Publix and was glad to get back to St. Augustine.

No comments:

Post a Comment