Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

JANUARY TOTALS

I just totalled my Publix receipts for January. I was able to purchase 15 gas cards for the month at the cost of $40 each, a total of $600. The gas cards value were $750, so a $150 savings. Is it worth it? The answer is a BIG YES!!That savings actually could have bought my groceries for the month!

My total receipts for the 5-week month of January were $148.61. This is where the bulk of my shopping is done. We occasionally wander into Walmart and I do have a few things I get there if I am in the store. I love their Farmers Deli Ham and Land-O-Lakes Cheese. I always buy a pound of each one to two times a month.

Even if I were to add another $100 to my total bill for the month, it brings my weekly total up to just under $50 per week. I know there are many months where I do not spend this much out of Publix. This total counts all my stockpile items that include non-grocery items as well such as laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.

How about you? How did you do the month of January?

No comments:

Post a Comment