Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

SUPER BOWL SHOPPING

I was excited to see the deal Publix was offering this week but was a little hesitant because I didn't know if I was going to hit $100 to get the $10 gift card. Enter my husband into the picture. We had gone up to Costco to get chicken wings for tomorrow and I talked him into going to Publix on the way home so I didn't have to go tomorrow. I split the list in half and gave him his.

I bet you know where this is going. I stuck to my list as I always do. Isn't that what a good couponer does? Well, it is obvious he is not a couponer. Now granted we bought alot of stuff we normally don't buy because we are having friends over for Superbowl...but I never expected this.

My total before coupons was $250!!! YIKES! I spend that much in two months, not one week! There was so much stuff I didn't take a picture because I just needed to get it all put away. I was able to get 4 Complete Eye Solutions, 6 Heinz Ketchup, 4 OM Lunchmeat, Pasta, Frozen Vegetables, Juice, produce items, 2 Bacon, 3 Sausage, Semi-Boneless Ham (that was $16 alone), soft drinks, beer, chips, nuts, and rolls just to name a FEW of the items I got. Of course, there was another one of those danish pastries in there. They somehow always seem to make it in my cart when my husband is with me!

After my coupons I was able to get it down to $$129.82 and got back two $10 Publix gift cards, so technically I spent $109.

I am glad I am going out of town for 5 days so I won't be shopping much next week. I plan on living off the stockpile for a good part of February to make up for this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment