Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ALWAYS LOOK AT YOUR RECEIPT

How many of us go to the store and don't pay a lick of attention as to what the cashier is doing?

Well, that is what I did when I was too busy running my mouth and talking with Grant (one of the front end managers) at Publix last night. Plus it was late...9:30 to be exact. I wanted to get my shopping done so I didn't have to worry about it today. Now it looks like I will have to go back to Publix!

I intentionally put my two raincheck items at the end. I told the cashier I had rainchecks and then that is where it went downhill from there. I started talking and didn't pay any attention.

All my vegetables rang up at full price and so did my Wisk. He held them up to Grant to ask him how to rectify it since they were now all bagged and he told him. Again, not paying any attention, he only did the vegetables and not the Wisk.

Fast forward to this morning. I got an e-mail from my friend Michelle asking me what I bought. Very boring week for me. In fact, I spent more than I have in a while. (I'll include what I bought at the end of post). It was only then when I pulled out my receipt to tell her that I noticed the Wisk were rung up at regular price which was $6.49!

So now I HAVE to go back to Publix to get a $10 credit from my Wisk! Thank you Michelle for asking me or I would not have known it! And what were we talking about...funny commericals!

This is what I bought:

3 chicken leg quarters (for a total of $19.50)
2 Whole Pineapple
1 Claussen Pickle
1 Activia Yogurt (used $1/1 TQ)
6 Voskos Yogurt (used two $.50/3)
4 Wolfgang Puck Organic Chix Broth (stacked q's and got for $1 each)
2 Idahoan Potatoes - had free coupons
2 Birds Eye Voila (used two $2/1)
3 Hungry Jack Pancake Mix - had B2G1 q
Bisquick
2 Bush Vegetarian Beans (these were $2.39 each, no q's...OUCH!)
Bananas
Cantelope
5 Corn
Sargento Cheese Slices (used $.55/1)
Cupcake papers
10 Birds Eye Vegetables (used RC and $.50/2)
2 Crystal Light (used 2 Stocking Spree q's and MQ)
2 Clorox Bleach (used two $.50/1)
4 Wisk Detergent (used RC and four $2/1)
4 Gas Cards

My total with the gas cards was $233.19. That means I paid $73 for the above. I also used one $5/30 WD coupon and two $5/30 PQ's.

But now my total will be $63! I guess that isn't that bad considering $20 in meat, laundry detergent and bleach and $25.90 worth of frozen vegetables had I paid full price without the RC! Plus I was able to get 4 gas cards, a savings of $40!!

2 comments:

  1. This is actually a diaper question, Judi.
    My sister is having a baby and I was wondering about the price on diapers...how will I know a good deal? I don't have kids so no reference to go by.
    Thanks, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually for the small bags of diapers the price to shoot for is $4 each. There is a blog called www.thethriftycouple.com and they have a tab for baby deals. They will give you the best diaper deals at all the stores! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete