Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

MY JOB HERE IS DONE

You may have noticed my posts have been fewer and far between. I haven't hauled my shopping trips in and taken a picture lately because, frankly, I just don't have the time.

I am giving serious consideration to not writing this blog any longer. It takes so much time that I don't know if I really want to do right now.

I feel like my job is done. For all of you who didn't know anything about couponing, I hope you learned something and are saving some money.

For all of you who couponed but took it to the next level (like Michelle T), I hope you are saving your family more money and even able to donate to needy families.

I never monitized or wanted to be just like every other blog. I loved it when Publix was taking expired coupons for 1 year past the date. That gave me something to hunt for. I would scour the expired yellow and green adv. buy flyers and tell you about coupons to use with their current ad. That saved all of us money. But then that gravy train stopped. Just another one of those great perks taken away from us.

Now I just can't seem to find any niche to fall into. Every blog tells about the great deals and they do such a great job. I wanted to do something different.

So with all of that said, I just don't know if I want to continue blogging. I may take some time off and decide if it is something I really want to do. Once you get to the point where days go by and you don't post, it is a sign that you are ready to give it up. I never really promoted it and just had fun with it and enjoyed e-mails and comments made on posts.

It is a sad day, but I just want to take a break and see if this is really what I want to do. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I wish you the best. I took your class and learned alot about couponing. I check your sight daily and will miss see your postings.
    Thanks for all of the money savings tips in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the previous post - I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do. I found you online and have enjoyed seeing the "local" deals that you post regarding St. Augustine that other blogs do not cover. I also feel like you post some better deals than some of the more nationwide blogs - they will have something listed for $.50, but you find a way that it is free. I appreciate everything that you have done and wish you the best for your future. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get needing a break from all this. Lately I have not been "as intense" about couponing just to relax a little. But I have to say I will miss this blog immensely. I come here often to check out the local deals you have found. You have really helped me learn couponing and pointed me in the right direction for saving money. So best wishes on whatever you decide to do next. And if you pop back in now and again I wouldn't mind at all. I'm still going to keep you in my google reader just in case.

    ReplyDelete