Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

WINN DIXIE TROUBLES

What an experience I had today at Winn Dixie. I went in specifically for the Beneful Dog Bisquits (even though I hate my dog right now but that is a whole different story) and Scotch Brite Disinfecting Wipes. Both of these were BOGO last week and was only able to pick up some dog bisquits (thanks to my coupon fairy!) I got a raincheck for both and went in today to pick some more up.

Winn Dixie now writes the price of the item on the RC not as $2.99 BOGO, but $1.49 each, so half price. The trouble began when they ran everything through and then started scanning my coupons. The cashier was only giving me $1.49 off for each coupon and not the full $2.99.

Enter in the first customer service manager. I tried explaining it to her and I'm not sure that she understood it. I told her if it is a BOGO sale and I have a BOGO coupon, I get both for free. She was trying to tell me I had to buy 3 and pay for 1. Huh??? If it is a BOGO sale, why would I buy three?

The line behind me is now pretty long as they try to work this simple thing out. They wouldn't listen to me because I knew what they were doing wrong. So at this point they void the whole transaction and take me over to another register with yet another front end manager. After figuring out how to put it in their system and explaining to them I should get the full price $ amount of the coupon deducted, not half price, they finally get it figured out.

I was also purchasing yellow squash and bananas. My total was going to be over $30 so I also planned on using a $5/$30 coupon, thus making my fruit and vegetables free. But that never happened. I had to ring up the dog bisquits first and pay the tax on them so they could see the coupons were coming off correctly. Then they rang up the wipes to make sure the coupons was entered correctly and added the veggies.

How do you argue getting another $5 off when you are walking out of the store with 10 boxes of dog bisquits and 8 disinfecting wipes for free? So I had to pay just over $5 for my bananas and squash and tax on the above.

They apologized for all the trouble and then said "We don't see many extreme couponers come in this store and walk out only paying $.50". I wanted to tell them that is because we all go to Publix for the better deals and prices! Don't you agree?

Now, I bet you are wondering about the dog. Apparently sometime yesterday while I was at work, she pooped next to my bed. When I got into bed that night the lights were already turned off and by the grace of God, I missed it and missed it again in the morning. I also was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night and apparently missed it then also!

Enter in my husband. He is all dressed for work and goes around to my side of the bed to turn off my fan. The throw pillows for the bed were still on the floor so it must have made it difficult to see. Little did he know he stepped right in it and didn't know it and then proceeded to what looked like to be the fox trot all over the carpet! I came out of the bathroom and gasped when I saw footprints all over the carpet that were all dog poop! I could have threw the dog over the balcony!

Luckily I had a can of Spot Shot carpet cleaner but that didn't go very far. I had to go out today and get more. Lucky me the carpet is getting replaced again (that is another story) and I won't have to live with dog stained carpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment