Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

WATCH OUT FOR THIS TEARPAD



When I was at Publix today, actually after I went through the checkout, I looked at a tearpad I found by the chips. It was for "Buy two Tostitos Chips and get a Lays Chip Free". I don't know why I didn't put two and two together and realized what a valuable coupon this was.

Probably because I was too busy figuring out the point value of chips. Deciding on baked versus light. And then I grabbed the Light Chips tossing two of them into my cart thinking they were BOGO. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed I was charged $3.99 twice. Ouch...$8.00 for 2 bags of chips...that hurts. I wanted to exchange them for the other baked chips but my husband already ripped open the bag. Too late.

Then I realized I could have bought two Tostitos which were BOGO and got TWO chips free because they were BOGO. I would only pay for one and get 4 bags total. Two tostitos and two chips. Way better than $8 for two bags of chips!

The only good thing out of the whole trip was that I got overage from the Sundown Vitamin coupons and they paid for my chips. Not the way I wanted it to turn out. My next trip this week I will do the Tostito chip deal and find someone to take them out of my house. If they don't go to the dorm with my daughter I will add them to my donate pile along with the Kraft Fresh Taste Breadcrumbs I was able to get today for free.

Thanks to my mystery coupon fairy who has sent me coupons. Because of those I had to run to Publix tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment