Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

$20 IN ECB'S

God was with me today when I went to CVS. I headed there with two expired ECB's, CVS rainchecks and several coupons that expired today. It wasn't going to take much for my scenerio not to come together...but it did!

First of all, I did what I tell everyone NOT to do. I went into CVS totally unprepared on how I was going to use my ECB's because I didn't know the price of the razors I was buying because I had a raincheck. So I just had to fly by the seat of my pants!

I went to the CVS on SR16 and asked first if I could use an expired ECB (8 days past) and she said no. Then she said "Yes, I'll take it" only after I said I guess I would have to go to the beach store to use it.

I bought 4 packages of razors, two of them were disposables with 4 in each package and the other 2 Venus Razors were the kind you buy new cartridges for, and a newspaper.

I paid more OOP than I usually do because I couldn't find my $3 coupon!! Don't you just hate when that happens! I ended up paying $5.51 instead of $2.51. I did it on two cards so I just had her throw the receipt in the bag with the razors. After my two transactions were done, she said "Give me your card again so I can print the ECB from the raincheck". She then put two $5 ECB's in my bag and I went on my merry way.

When I got home I looked at my receipts and there was a $5 ECB on each receipt PLUS the two she printed at the end. I was totally shocked! I was given DOUBLE ECB's and didn't even know it.

I ended up paying $5.51 OOP but I got back $20 in ECB's!! I just want to keep accumulating them and keep them rolling waiting for the big Thanksgiving Day sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment