Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

PUBLIX 9/4/12, SPENT $65.58, SAVED 70%


I knew I was going to spend some money at Publix today because we emptied our refrigerator before we left and I also wanted to stock up on the Bushs’ Beans and condiments. The peanuts landed in my cart because how can you pass up a large can of cocktail peanuts for $.20? You can’t! I made my husband a Tupperware container of peanuts and raisens…his favorite snack!
My bill before coupons was $132. I was ready to split my order into four different orders to use four $5/$30 WD coupons, but they told me it was not necessary. The Cobblestone Publix now has my business. SR 16 told me I would have to split my order because that is the new Publix policy. Cobblestone told me that is the new policy but they are not going to abide by it. It just makes everyone’s life easier! This is what I bought:
4 Feta Cheese

1 Eggbeaters

1 Cottage Cheese, large container

5 Yogurt

Large Watermelon

Cantelope

Bananas

Honeydew

Corn on Cob

Romaine Lettuce

2 Deli Tea, Gallon

10 Bushs’ Beans

4 Planters Cocktail Peanuts

4 Heinz Ketchup

4 Frenchs’ Mustard

2 Worcestershire Sauce

2 Mt. Olive Dill Pickle

2 Smart Balance LOL Butter

4 Boxes of Ritz Crackers

6 Kraft Salad Dressing

4 Morning Start Veggie Burger

3 pkgs. Chicken Leg Quarters

1 lb. Salmon


My fish and chicken totaled $23 alone. My fruit was $12.25. It was worth every penny since it is free on WW!! Since I was buying the produce anyway, I went ahead and got the Kraft dressing. Using the tearpad I told you about earlier, I was able to get 6 of these for free (actually they paid me $.27 to take them out of the store!
The nuts were also a great buy using the BOGO sale, two $1 MQ’s and two $1 TQ’s, making them $.39 for two cans. I was also able to use four $5/$30 WD coupons saving me $20.
I then stopped at the fruit/vegetable stand on US 1 and got yellow squash, tomatoes, greepeppers, sweet potatoes and peaches and spent another $10. It was an expensive week for me but now I am fully stocked up again on items I was running low on. I still have plenty of milk, lunchmeat, canned veggies, cereal, and everything else I need to get me through.

I felt sorry for the lady behind me in line because my cashier was kind of slow and I had a bunch of coupons. She was a sport and enjoyed watching because she said she never uses coupons!



No comments:

Post a Comment