Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

ANOTHER REASON NOT TO GO TO WALMART

I needed Liquid Plumber and a few other Walmart type items so I decided to venture there today. Why I picked today, Veterans Day, I'll never know. Every mother and their kids were there along with half of St. Augustine.

I thought my Walmart experience started off good because I scored an awesome parking place. Unfortunately, it went downhill from there!

After getting my Liquid Plumber (FYI - don't put hair dye down your sink) and 2 pkgs of White Cloud toilet paper that was an awesome deal with the $1 coupon, I picked up a few random things while I was there. I love the Farmers Ham from the deli so I got a lb. of that. I found a coupon book while I was in there and bought the Cream of Mushroom/Chicken soup at $.60 each with a $1/4 coupon. I got a loaf of bread, 2 Jiffy Corn Muffin Mixes for dinner and a head of lettuce.I price matched the grapes to Food Lions ad of $1.49 lb. and it started going downhill from there.

At the register my grapes would not do the price match. I was at the self checkout so she had to take me to her register to finish my transaction. After several attempts, and I mean several attempts to get the grapes to price match, it went through.

She proceeded to tell me if my coupons won't scan, they won't take them. Big surprise. All of my coupons, which were printables off Smartsource, etc. went through until we got to the White Cloud toilet paper. She scanned the coupons and the dreaded beep was heard! It felt like you could hear it over the whole store. Again she scanned and BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!

"I'm sorry we can't take these coupons" she says to me. "If it won't scan, I can't take it." Now I know nothing is wrong with the coupon. The problem is Walmart.

I told her she could take the rolls of toilet paper off and I will go to Target and use it. I was so close to telling her this is why I don't shop at Walmart. I was going in there specifically for the toilet paper, free razors (they were out) and Liquid Plumber.

Did I learn my lesson? I hope so. Not only was it a unpleasurable experience, I had to sit and wait for about 25 cars (no lie) to turn out into the lane just to make the turn on US 1. That's how many cars were pouring in there while I sat there. Poor people. They don't have a clue. They don't know how much more you could save at Publix and shopping be a pleasure!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! That's why I only go to Walmart about once a month or every other month, it's not just an adventure it's a nightmare!!ha

    ReplyDelete