Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

COLEMAN MATTRESS COMPANY

My father saved a Jacksonville newspaper for me with an article on counterfeit coupons. Before I even got to that article another article caught my attention. It was regarding mattresses.

In case you don't know, the mark-up in mattresses is outrageous. A typical tempurpedic mattress costs about $800 and they sell it for $4,000 and up! When I read this article about a local mattress company in Jacksonville, it grabbed my attention.

Coleman Mattress is a second generation mattress maker. Initially they built mattress components for other manufacturers and then starting builing mattresses for commercial accounts such as CSX, Jacksonville University and Baptist Hospital. In 1982 they started providing mattresses to the public with prices that are far below retail.

A Coleman mattress is handmade, not mass produced. This ensures better quality components and workmanship so customers get high-quality mattresses at much lower prices. They offer about 30 models including foam, innerspring, memory foam and latex. They can do any style, any size, and any shape. They can do bunk bed to king and everthing in between and will also cut foam to size.

Coleman can also do a two-sided mattress. If you have been mattress shopping you will notice you cannot find two-sided mattresses anymore. I think the whole thing about a one-sided mattress was done because when you can't flip it, it will not have the life expectancy of a two-sided mattress.

The best part about this company is that they offer high -quality mattresses at about half the price of retail stores.  Knowing the mark-up of mattresses, this company sounds like it offers an excellent quality for a respectable price.

They are located at 4809 N. Main St. in Jacksonville. Their phone number is 904-356-6103. They are open 10 - 5 Monday - Friday and 10 - 3 on Saturday.

I know I am keeping this one in the back of my brain for when I need a new mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment