Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

PUBLIX 8/19/12, SAVED 63%

I didn't intend on doing much of anything this week at Publix even though my refrigerator looks completly empty since it all went down my garbage disposal. By the way, I learned the hard way never to do that again. That little episode cost me $125 and the appliance repairman cost $125 so I was down $250 within a couple of hours!

The deal that pulled me to Publix today was the Oscar Mayer Deli Meat deal. My husband and I make sandwiches for lunch about 3-4 days a week. We can go through some deli meat. New MQ's surfaced today and when stacked with the PQ and the current sale, you paid $2.99 for a lb. of deli meat. My choice was the Rotisserie Chicken and Smoked Turkey Breast. Getting free cookies wasn't bad either although I didn't intend to keep them.  I called my daughter Lindsay (who had now been gone a full 24 hours after moving her back to college yesterday), and asked her what kind of cookie would she like since I can get them for free. “Mom, I don’t want any cookies” was her response. Of course, her two roommates were within earshot and quickly told her cookies would be welcome and to get the Chips Ahoy Chewy! I was able to get a second Stocking Up book from my father so I had two $1/1 coupons! This is what I bought:




4 Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers ( I am addicted to the Sugar Snap Peas)

4 Oscar Mayer Deli Meat

2 Pepperidge Farm Jingos Crackers (who could resist at $.50 each!)

3 Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix

2 Chips Ahoy Cookies

Bananas

Cantelope

Worchestshire Sauce (great buy at $.69)

Jello Pudding Mix

2 Tostitos Salsa

My total for the above after all coupons was $23.76. The deli meat is on sale for $4.99 so I would have paid $20 just for the meat and now I am set for the next couple of months!

I

No comments:

Post a Comment