Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WALMART VERSUS PUBLIX




Some of you may notice this flyer WalMart sent out to us to try to entice us into their store. They didn't succeed with me...and I will tell you why.

I don't remember all the prices of all the deals but I do know a few of them and what I paid at Publix. Notice the Fiber One Cereal on the front? I still have about 10 boxes left that I got for FREE. Walmart's price...$2.98. Even if we didn't get another freebie deal, Publix sale price with a coupon would be about $1.20 a box with a MQ and TQ.

Next page Walmart has Progresso Soup for 1.88 a can. I just bought 18 cans of soup for $.50 each within the last month. Dora the Explorer Fruit Snacks are priced at Walmart at $2 each. I got fruit snacks for free from Publix. Let's talk Granola bars also. I paid anywhere from free to about $.30 a box.

Let's move on to Stouffer's Lasagna. Walmart has it on rollback for $5.98. I guess we are supposed to be impressed but I know I paid $3.00 at Publix and I still have two of them in my freezer! Activia Yogurt is priced at $3.48 at Walmart but I only paid $1.00 for it this week at Publix.

On the back page Walmart has Degree Deodorant for $1.97. Now all of us who are serious couponers know that you NEVER pay for deodorant. We just got Suave deodorant for free a few weeks ago and I have also received Degree and Right Guard for free. I have enough deodorant to cover all of St. Augustine's underarms!

Last is the Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. Walmart's rollback price is $4.88.  Well, I got 2 different brands for free, one at Publix and the other at Winn Dixie.

I know there are more items in the flyer that I know we get a better price on such as Old El Paso Dinner Kits, Hamburger Helper, Uncrustables, Cereal, Lays Chips (deal beginning Thursday) and others.

Let's do the math...I think you will agree Publix wins!


No comments:

Post a Comment