Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

MY PUBLIX BRAG SPOT 8/12/12, SPENT $28.71

I really goofed when I did my shopping trip today. Have you ever grabbed 10 of one item only to realize when you look at your receipt when you have left the store that some of the items were not the item you wanted?

I grabbed 10 Suave Deodorant that were BOGO. Somehow four Secret deodorants made their way into my cart instead of the Suave and they were $2.89 each. Someone must have put them back in the wrong spot and I didn't check each of them. Now instead of getting free deodorant I am paying $12.31 for it...and that is just for four of them!!! I had to come close of another Publix doing my errands so I stopped by and they gave me a credit on my credit card. This is what I bought:

3- 4-pk. Activia Yogurt
1 Large Breakstone Cottege Cheese
4 Motts Fruit Snacks
4 Motts Fruit Juice
12 boxes Quaker Granola Bars
Fresh Asparagus
Cherries
Honeydew
Bananas
Jennie-O Turkey Sausage
3 Pringles Fat-Free Potato Chips (added to list because I received a text from my husband to get)
3 V-8 Spicy Tomato Juice
10 Suave Deodorant (after I switched out the Secret!)
4 Suave Body Wash
8 Ziplock Sandwich Bags (used RC)
6 Sundown Vitamins (overage)
2 Papermate Pens
2 Wisk Detergent

My total before coupons was something like $127. I used four $5/$30 coupons and after my adjustment for the deodorant I paid $28.71 for all of the above.

The fruit and vegetables, V-8 Juice, and 3 potato chips which I was buying anyway totalled $28.24 so basically I got everything else for FREE. Turkey sausage, deodorant, body wash, ziplock bags, 2 detergent, fruit juice and snacks, 3 yogurt, cottege cheese and 12 boxes of granola bars...NOT BAD!! Who says it doesn't pay to coupon??

With all of the granola bars and juices I have accumulated, I will be able to help my daughters get started for the school year as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment