Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

PUBLIX 6/2/10 SPENT $3.21, SAVED 98%


NOTE: NOT SHOWN IN PICTURE ARE 9 PACKAGES OF MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHICKEN TENDERS.
It doesn't get any better than this! How many people can say they walk out of the grocery store and save 98%!!! Well, I did today. It actually was kind of funny. As I was walking, or should I say running, around the store trying to get out and get to a hair appointment, I ran into a prior graduate of my workshop. She looked at me and asked me if I was the "coupon lady". I answered yes and she proceeded to thank me and tell me her husband thanks me and how much money they are saving on their groceries and even getting things for FREE! I am sorry, I forgot to get your name, but THANK YOU for making my day. I always feel good when I know I am helping other families save money!

I flew up to the register and she rang up my order to the total of $90.26 (gasp here!!) Of course, I knew better and knew that was not even going to be close to what I was going to pay! When she got to within 3 coupons from the end, about $7, she already was close to zero and couldn't take off any more! I shouted, "Add two more Morningstar Farms Nuggets". She did and replied "That is not enough". "Throw on 2 more packages" I replied and again she said it was not enough. "Throw on a watermelon!" and that finally did the trick and I owed $3.21!! Boy was that stressful! I have a hair appointment in 30minutes across town and I am shouting things at her to add on my order to get me to a cash total I can give her!! Now this is where I can hear my husband telling me I don't know what stress is...watch the stock market! I call my daughter at home and tell her to be waiting for me at the curb so I can throw her all the frozen and refrigerated items. I can't believe they all fit! And for those of you who are cringing at eating Morningstar Farms Soy Products, they are actually very good!!

My items purchased were:
10 boxes Morningstar Farms Chicken Tenders (these regularly sell for $3.99 each!)
Sour Cream
2 Helluva Good Chip Dip
Martins Potato Rolls
8 bags Planters Almonds
8 cans Bushs Grillin' Beans
4 Bonz Dog Treats
4 Phazyme
5 Sominex
3 Vivarin
Large Watermelon
Bag of Potatoes

2 comments:

  1. That was me Sherry Vaughn that you ran into at Publix.
    I apologize for calling you the coupon lady, but I was excited to see you and wanted to tell you THANK YOU that I forgot your name.
    Thank you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherry!! I don't mind being called the coupon lady at all!! It has been my pleasure to share with you my knowledge of couponing!!

    ReplyDelete