Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

PUBLIX 7/21, SPENT $11.94, SAVED 76%

I already know what you are saying...she went to Publix again??? Well, my daughters car is at the shop and I had to drive her to work. My reasoning was I was right there in the parking lot and she asked me to get more Edy's Bars that were BOGO. I knew they would be out-of-stock and I could get the coveted raincheck. I also watched my daughter down a bag of cheddar pretzels in two days so buying a few more at $1 a bag sounded like a good idea also. While I was in the store, I received a text from my older daughter who was at my house telling me we were almost out of milk. This is where it gets painful. I knew Smart Balance Milk is going on sale starting 7/22 for $2.50. It just about killed me paying $3.59. The pain was eased a little because I used my $2 coupon, but it still hurt. I also bought 2 more V-8 for my husband and 2 boxes of Pasta Roni BOGO.

So I started thinking. That is when I am dangerous! What if I added more Glad Wrap to this order and use my $5 off $30 coupon? That means I am getting the Glad Wrap, Pasta Roni and milk almost for FREE! So that is what I did. I now am set for at least 2 years in the Glad Wrap department and I will sleep at night knowing I won't be paying retail for that any time soon! Well, I probably still won't sleep at night (those stinkin' hormones) but you get the picture!

That brings my total for the month to $142.74 for my grocery and drugstore purchases. Throw on another $20 for the items purchased at the farmers market for the month and I am still pleased with this total! I still remember the days when I paid $142.74 for one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment