Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

PUBLIX IN THE KEYS!!



I couldn't help but post the picture of myself and my daughter with the 18 lobster we got today!! We actually had to throw some back because we reached our limit of 6 per day per person! Don't you just love the hat? After being on the back of a boat in the burning sun all day, I looked for anything that protected me from the sun!
We are on vacation in Islamorada in the Keys. Of course, I tried to bring stuff with me, but our truck was loaded down with everthing else we needed for the 11 day trip! Off to Publix we go in the Keys. I did notice that their prices are higher, but who cares...you are in the Keys!!

My shopping trip was nothing like it would have been at home. In the cart goes anything and everything and, of course, I am not prepared with coupons. I did have some coupons in tow. Karin, my Publix cashier looked at them like she never saw a coupon before in her life! Let's just say the caliber of employees here do not compare with the employees in our area! My purchases included:

2 half gal ice cream
2 Potato Salad
1 gallon ice tea
1 Oscar Mayer Turkey
2 Rolo Candy
1 Tostito Salsa (I already packed this but he did not know it)
4 Libby Vegetables (used my free coupons)
1 Kraft Homestyle Mac-n-Cheese (used my free coupon)
2 Rib Eye Steaks (to eat with the above pictured lobster!)
Pkg. baking potatoes
Pepperidge Farm Bread
Hot Dog Buns
Potato Rolls
Zepher Hills Water
Pkg. hair ties
Lays Potato Chips (we left our 2 bags in the rented boat today)
Cream Cheese
Sour Cream
...and of course do not forget the pkg. of fried chicken!

TOTAL SPENT $63.64 (gasp!)
TOTAL SAVED $32.33
SAVED 34%

The cashier looked at my $5 off $50 Publix coupon like I handed her a "Do not pass go" coupon. My daughter had to tell her how to input it in the computer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment